Monday, March 19, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
I made these little babies above for my Mom on her birthday. She loved them! Hope you had a Happy Birthday, Mom! I wanted to do another FBCT but she said she wanted Pineapple Upside Down Cake. She's the birthday girl so she gets what she wants, but I still wanted to make something different. And thus, I found this recipe at Duncanhines.com for a cupcake version. It was perfect and easy!

I didn't use Duncan Hines though, I used (dun dun dun!) Betty Crocker. >:O Reason being because my son loves Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Betty Crocker is free of his allergens, whereas Duncan Hines has the "may contain" warning. My son loves, Loves, LOVES pineapple upside down cake. So he was totally tickled by these, too. It's one to keep in our family recipe book!

Update 1/19/2014: The recipe link was no longer valid because it was removed from the Duncan Hines website. I found the following recipe on their site, but it was submitted by another user. I can't remember if this is the exact recipe I used, but glancing over it ...it looks to be very similar. I tweaked it a bit but I might have to make these again so nail down the recipe for sure (notice what I did there? Reason to make more!).

Ingredients
  • 1 duncan Hines upside down pineapple cake mix
  • Brown sugar
  • 1 can crushed pineapples
  • 1 jar of cherries
  • The ingredients called for in the cake mix.
  • Paper cupcake holders (optional)
Baking Instructions
  • Make cake batter as directed on back of box.
  • melt appx 1 1/2 cups butter, pour 1 teaspoon in each cupcake wrapper or holder.
  • next use appx. 1 to 2 cups brown sugar, sprinkle small amount into each cup holder.
  • place 1 half of cherry in each cupcake holder. Can cut each cherry in half if desired.
  • place teaspoon of crushed pineapple in each holder.
  • Pour batter. You can fill almost to top of cupcake holder.
  • Bake until golden brown or toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
  • remove from oven , remove cupcake holder paper immediately and flip cupcake over so that pineapple and cherries are on top.
src: www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cupcakes/christyt/upside-down-pineapple-cupocakes

No comments: