Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day! DIY Picture Tile Gift

Happy Mommy's day to all the hardworking ladies out there! Today I wanted to share a project that I made for my Mom; I hope she will like it. It was inspired by theaudreys.blogspot.com --such a neat idea! The photo I used was taken by a friend of mine earlier this year and my Mom had mentioned how much she loved it. So I decided to roll with this project and I think the results are lovely.

I added a few extras to my version: I made the ribbon and bow a permanent fixture and I hot glued some felt to the back with a "Happy Mother's Day" label. The tile is a smooth 6x6, 80 cent tile from Home Depot. I used Mod Podge to apply a pretty pink piece of Scrapbook paper. While that dried, I ordered a 5x7 1-hour photo from Wal-Mart and trimmed it down to a 5x5 (ish). Then I sprayed the back of my photo with spray glue adhesive and attached it carefully. At first I tried using a photo from my ink jet printer, but it was a very bad idea. Long story short, I made such a bad mess that I ended up scraping the project and starting over. It's a good thing Mod Podge is so forgiving!

 Let me know what you think!

No comments: