Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Edmonton, AB - Day 1: Greetings and Such

May 19th, 2009

Well, aside from the unfriendly customs people, my first day in Canada was really fun. The boyfriend took me to meet his mom and his brother, then we walked a few blocks to Boston Pizza. We had to run across an intersection and I was really tired. I felt like my spleen fell out at the curb and I had to remind him that if you die in Canada, you die in real life!

We sat in the bar section so it would be a lil' quieter, and when the waitress asked us what we wanted to drink, she look at me all weird like and said, "Um, can I see your I.D." I so got carded. And the BF didn't! What's up with that!? And he's younger than me...

Anywho, I really liked it. There were about 6 or 7 flatscreens in the place and the best part is... not a SINGLE ONE played football or basketball! It was Hockey on all of em! I loved it! And believe me when I say that Canadians really DO love their hockey. Lots of emotions and reactions whenever a player scored a goal. Last night it was the Detroit Red Wings and the Chicago Black Hawks. The Red Wings won btw :P

I was sooo hungry that everything looked good, but I went with a Szechwan personal pizza because it looked tasty and interesting. It was delicious :D

The he took me to a cool shop called Warp 1 Comics, and it. was. AWESOME. Tons of anime, comics, action figures, manga, tons of tabletop gaming stuff, t-shirts, and STUFF. It was like being in a mini-A-kon dealer's room. But the one thing I kept going back to was The Legend of Dragoon action figures. They had Rose, Lavitz, and Dart. At the time I hadn't cashed in for Canadian munnies. That wasn't my main convern tho, my major problem was trying to decide between Lavitz or Rose! Rose is awesome, but if it would be unacceptable if I passed on Lavitz. So the BF helped me get Lavitz, and now that I have slept and thought about it...I'm going back for Rose!!

The store was way cool, and they had so much stuff thatI want to take a second look. Cthulu was hanging from the ceiling, as pictured, and the first person I thought about was my brother of course. That would be a nice throw pillow for my brother! HA! 

The BF bought the first volume to Claymore and we watched 5 or so episodes of that then played some Wii bowling. I did pretty gewd for a beginner! :D  But I was pooped by the time I went to bed, and I had no problem going to sleep :)

No comments: