Sunday, July 18, 2010

I love Me, You Do Not Have To.



"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not" -- André Gide

Some days I think of quotes such as this and it helps keep a smile on my face. It also helps me deal with general people everyday, especially at work (LOL). Not everyone will be liked, and you will not like not everyone. Good intentions may be in place, but that is life.


I may be misunderstood, and I may be disliked for all that I am. But I'm also loved for the same reasons, just for being me:
I am a Mother and a Fiancé.
I am a huge Dork.
I am a Gamer Girl and you're a n00b.
I am a Sister, a Daughter, and a Friend.
I am someone's "Cupcake" and someone's "Muffin."
I am quick to speak my mind before thinking but...
I am also considerate, respectful, and compassionate IF I am treated the same in return.
I am also someone's enemy and someone's bane of existence. 
But everyone has flaws and I am proud for all that I am because I love me whether you do or not.


I am me and I cannot change.
Some qualities can be adjusted, some need to be tamed.
But I am me and I will not change.


That's a big change in opinion compared to my Emo self from a few years before :P 

No comments: