Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Final Fantasy XIV Officially Announced - It's another MMORPG.

xi

Gamespot says Square Enix was working on this project under code name Rapture. I found the trailer above on You Tube and, to me, it looks a lot like FFXI. IncGamers.com thinks it might be an online sequel for XI. My feelings are kinda mixed about this at the moment, so I'm not sure what to think about it just yet.

I guess we will learn more as it progresses. It's scheduled to launch exclusively on the Playstation 3 in 2010.

Official Website is out too: www.finalfantasyxiv.com

3 comments:

~shannon said...

i for one, will most likely not get it. i don't want a ps3. ever.

besides, i've still got too much to do in xi!

~shannon said...

ok. to update my comment... after doing some more reading, a lot of people are saying it's also being released on pc. technically, it's a ps3 exclusive because ps3 will be the only console it gets released on... pc doesn't count as a console.

but if you look back at certain games, ie assassin's creed, that in the beginning were claimed to be ps3 exclusives... and if my memory serves to be correct, it was released on ps3 AFTER pc and 360.

Lainy said...

I kinda wondered if it would come out on PC too.
And I'm fairly new to xbox, thanks to Ray and our *urgent* need to get me back on FFXI since my network adapter and my laptop died lol I boycotted xbox for years LOL. I still cuddle with my ps2 sometimes :O