Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Free $25 Gift Card to Gamestop. Thank You, My Points!

So last week I spent the Gamestop gift card that I received from Mypoints.com. It processed without any complications and now I have $25 more slapped down on my reserved copy of Resident Evil 5! W00tz! Holla! That's the second time I've redeemed a gift card from My Points and I have to say, I LOVE THAT SITE!

My Points is a program that rewards its members with "points" earned by shopping, searching, playing games, taking surveys, or click-thru email advertising. I know that sounds like a pain, but it's really easy and well worth it! The points can later be redeemed for gift cards from big name vendors such as Target, Subway, Gamestop, Old Navy, Olive Garden, and lots more. (Learn More). And best of all, it's totally free!

I've earned a total of 6357 points since I signed up. I redeemed my first 1300 or so points for a $10 Subway gift card because I wanted to start with something small to make sure everything was legit. Sure enough I received an official Subway gift card in the mail from My Points. I used it three times without any problems (well, not from My Points at least...some Subway employees don't know how to work their own equipment).

After that little test, I decided to save my points for something nice. And what could be better than a $25 gift card from Gamestop!? So once I accumulated all the points required (a lil' over 3,700), I redeemed them, received an official Gamestop gift card in the mail, and spent it at my usual Gamestop store. I mean come on, extra money to spend at my local GAMESTOP! It doesn't get any better than that!

Here's how I earn My Points:
*I open the emails My Points sends me, scroll to the bottom, click on the orange button to visit the sponsor's site, and that's it! I've earned points! Usually it's about 5 points per sponsor page, sometimes more. I don't even have to sign up for the offers. It's advertising that's running the joint, so just getting the person to see it is their goal.
*Print and redeem the coupons they send via email (or I can find them on the my points web page). When I redeem the coupons, I get points! I use them at Wal-Mart and Target all the time. The coupons are for all kinds of good stuff too, like Pillsbury, Velveeta, DVDs, vitamins, and even toys! That's how I usually get the bulk of my points, I use them for groceries.
*I used the My Points Rewards Visa card and earned points for every purchase. **(The card was originally issued through Washington Mutual, but due to the economy, Chase bought them out. The My Points Rewards Visa has been discontinued recently, but they are working on a replacement soon!)
*Participate in the odd survey.
*Visit the My Points home page and complete the "Tell Us and Earn More" box usually found on the right. You can earn about 5 points for each ridiculously short questionnaire.

If anyone would like to sign up, please let me refer you! Once you sign up (again, for FREE) and get 250 points, then I get 250 points, too! Just send me your email address and I'll send a referral link :) Also, don't forget to complete "About You" section (I think that's what it's called). Basically you tell them what interests you so they can send specific advertisements. Plus you get MORE points if you complete it.

I haven't decided on my next reward yet because there are so many to choose from. Olive Garden? Yum. Target? Barnes and Noble? STARBUCKS! Or maybe the $50 Gamestop card! omigosh! I can't decide! *squeeeeek*

No comments: