Sunday, December 1, 2013

Movie Review: Catching Fire

My favorite part of Catching Fire made into a movie poster.
I get goosebumps every time
Catching Fire was by far my favorite book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. Once I finished reading it, I literally closed the book, reopened it, and started from the beginning again. KUDOS, Suzanne Collins, for a great series!

I was happy with the first Hunger Games movie and was afraid the second one was going to be ruined by Hollywood. However, I was extremely happy with it! It is proof that if you stick to the story as it was intended, you can make a great film version. The characters are very well developed and the story is engaging. Even my husband, who hasn't read the books, was completely enamored by it and went on for a week about how it was such a well made movie (KUDOS, Francis Lawrence!).

In the past I have never been satisfied with movie adaptations of my favorite books. It was something that bothered me as a kid but gotten used to as an adult. I just keep that old saying in my head, "Books are always better than the movie." Take Harry Potter for instance. The first 2 movies were awesome! I was very pleased with how well they stuck to the book (but the omission of Peeves has always made me PEEVED!) From Prisoner of Azkaban (which was my favorite by the way) and to the Deathly Hallows, Part 1, I was not at all happy about. I like them, but I think they shouldn't have changed so much. The stories are great as they are.

But back to the Hunger Games, I think casting Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen was a very good decision. But maybe that's because I have developed a she-crush on her :O She's awesome in everything she does.  I mean look at her! She's smoldering! Lol, :D
Oh, and she's a great actress, too. LOL, but seriously she is. I love all of her movies. I look forward to seeing her win more and more awards.

No comments: